Tell Your Story
By sharing your story, you can make workplace protections a reality for Nebraska. Craft your story in three steps:
1) Say who you are!
• As a mother of 3.
• As a business owner.
• As a person of faith.
• As a lifelong Nebraskan.
2) Say what you believe!
• I believe my family members should be judged on the merit of their work.
• I believe my co-workers shouldn’t have to hide in fear of loosing their job for who they are?
• I believe our state’s motto of “equality before the law” should apply to everyone.
3) Give a fact!
• My brother could be fired just for having a photo of his boyfriend up at work.
• My co-workers aren’t fully contribute to the workplace because they can’t risk coming out.
• My gay friends are treated like second-class citizens without employment protections.